What a busy day! I got up.....went swimming..... then to the market for some new painting "inspiration".....a lovely bunch of daffodils. Went to the studio, set up my painting.......I sat down and painted away!
I ate lunch, showered, changed and headed down to visit one of my galleries, the Somerville Manning Gallery in Delaware. Raced back from the gallery to finish my painting.
I was so thirsty.....ran back to the kitchen for a glass of water....grabbed a glass......but then I spied a full glass of water on the counter.....so as not to waste a glass of water.....I grabbed it and gulped it down.....the whole thing. It left a funny taste in my mouth.....what was that taste? It was familiar.....oh no......it was daffodil! What? How did that happen?
Oh, now I remember....when I returned home from the store I put my daffodils in water before I arranged them. In a drinking glass? Yes, I did.
I did a quick google search. "Are daffodils poisonous". Yikes. They are. There was lots of information. The bulbs are the most dangerous.....both the stems and flowers are too.
But what about the water? I soon found out. My stomach started rumbling, followed by a sharp pain and an emergency run to the bathroom. I felt like a small child.......on the floor thowing up. I felt terrible but it was amazing to think of my body's natural reaction to get it out of me!
So, there you go......a word to the wise......Don't Drink Daffodil Water!
P.S. I feel fine now!